Many users are reporting that Fall Guys is not launching on their computers. They are very annoyed with this issue as due to this they are not able to play the game. The Fall Guys is a battle royale game and come with unique gameplay. There are jelly-bean structure characters that compete with each other to win the game. As the users are facing issues with their game, we are here with the methods through which they can resolve this issue easily. Therefore, read the full article to know how to fix this issue.
Why I am Facing This Issue On My Computer?
Users are facing this issue on their computers and they are not able to figure out why this issue is occurring with them. We are here with the reasons which might be the cause of the issue. So, check them below.
- The game file is not being started properly.
- A lot of apps running in the background due to which the game is not getting proper resources to start.
- Your internet connection might not work properly.
- Hardware Issues.
- Corrupted or Missing Files.
- You have not updated your windows and driver.
How Can You Fix This Issue On Your PC
We will share the methods through which you can try fixing the issue on your PC.
Check System Requirements
Before implementing the methods, we will suggest that you should check the minimum requirements to run the game on your PC. Sometimes the computer is not capable of running the game due to its specs, and users keep trying to run the game on their system. So, take a look at the minimum requirements of the game to check whether your PC is capable to run the game or not.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- Other: Broadband Internet connection
Restart Your Computer
If the issue is occurring with you then we will suggest that you should restart your computer to try to resolve this issue. It is one of the basic steps but very useful in fixing minor bugs. Therefore, restart your PC and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Check Network Connection
The network connection is another important factor to run the game. Therefore, we will suggest that you should check whether your internet connection is stable to run the game smoothly or not. You should check your network speed by using the internet speed checker. After it, check the speed and whether it’s capable to run the game or not. If it is not stable then try restarting the router or contacting your internet service provider to fix the network issue.
Run The Game as Administrator
Sometimes the game might get stuck in loading resources and settings. In case, if it does not get all the proper settings then it is unlikely to launch on your PC. In this scenario, the administrator mode will give the game all the necessary authority which are required to run the game properly. So, if any of the game files was not working properly then it will start running properly on your PC and you will be able to fix the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Select the Fall Guys application file which you use to start the game.
- Right-click on it and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
If the game has started to run properly after doing this then you have to do this setting for the game so that it can automatically start with the admin settings. To do this, you have to follow the steps which are given below.
- Right-click on the game file.
- Now, select Properties.
- Click on Compatibility Tab.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Verify Integrity of the Game Files
If the game files have been corrupted or missing due to any reason, then it will lead to not launching the game on the PC.
However, you don’t have to worry about it. As the Epic Game Launcher comes with the feature to repair or check the game files. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Epic Games Launcher” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- You will see the option of “Verify”.
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Update Your Graphics Driver
We will suggest that you should check whether you are using the latest graphics driver on your PC or not. You can easily do this by following the methods which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Device Manager” in the search bar.
- Click on the Display option and double-click to expand it.
- Now, select your Graphics Driver and right-click on it.
- You will see the option of Update Driver, click on it.
- After it, follow the on-screen instructions that are given to complete the update.
- Restart your system and again try running the game.
Disable Antivirus Software
Many users have reported that their antivirus apps were causing conflicts with the file of the game which resulted in this issue. They tried running the game by disabling the antivirus and they were able to resolve this issue. You should do this method by disabling your antivirus on your system and again running the game. The antivirus blocks the files from working that they think are performing suspicious activity. Therefore, you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Turn Off Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall blocks files that look suspicious to it. However, it is not correct all the time, and it can be caused by mistake too. We will suggest that you should run the game after turning off the Windows Firewall to check whether it is causing any issue in launching the game or not. You can do this by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started to run properly or not.
End Game and Apps Background Processes
The issue might occur if you are running too many apps on your computer. We will suggest that you should close all the unnecessary apps from the Task Manager. When you are doing this, close the Fall of Guys game processes too. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL key.
- Now, select Task Manager.
- Click on More details to see the processes.
- Now, select the app which is not necessary to run in the background.
- Right-click on the app and select End Task.
- Do this for the game processes too that are running in the background.
- After doing this, check whether the game has been launched or not.
Check For Windows Updates
The issue might persist if you are not using the latest version of Windows. We will suggest that you should manually check the updates for your Windows to avoid this type of issue. Follow the steps which are given below to manually check for updates on your PC.
- Open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If any update is available, then click on the Download Now button to start the process.
After doing this, check for the optional updates too. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Scroll down when you are on the Windows Update tab.
- Select the Advanced Option.
- After it, scroll down and click on the Optional Updates option.
- Check whether there are updates pending or not. If there is any update pending then download it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Restart your PC and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Reset The Game
You can try fixing the issue by resetting the game from your Windows. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, click on Apps on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Apps & Features option.
- Search for the game and click on the three dots available on the right side by selecting the game.
- Now, click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option.
- After doing this, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Reinstall The Game
This is the last method of this guide that you can try. There are many users who have reported that reinstalling the game helped them. It is because they will be getting whole new game files on their PC. There are possibilities that the game might not be running as all the files might not have been extracted properly from the game package. Therefore, doing this method on your PC will help in resolving this issue. To do this, you have to uninstall the game first from your PC. After uninstalling, make sure to delete all the files of the games that were stored previously. Now, install the game from the store and check whether the game is launching properly or not.
In this article, we have mentioned the reasons why the game is not launching on your PC. We have shared the methods through which you can try resolving the issue on your computer. If you have fixed the same issue through any other methods which we have not mentioned above then do share it with us in the comment section below.