Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the famous action-adventure games which is released in 2013. It is developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The game has a huge fan following due to its previous GTA titles. A lot of players are having great fun playing this game. As the game is totally based on a map where the players have to complete the mission if they want or do whatever they think. The game is available for different platforms like Windows, PlayStations, and Xbox.
The users can play this game from both the first and third-person perspectives. If you have played the game, then you might be knowing about the GTA 5 Online error issue. There are many users who have reported that they are getting a message which is “The Rockstar Game Services Are Unavailable Right Now” which is annoying a lot of users.
This is because this message is coming up while playing the game which it affecting the mission, player’s gameplay, gaming experience, and a lot more. It is not because this issue is from the Rockstar Game’s side only, but this can be caused by your system too. In case, if you are also a player who is facing the same issue then we are here with the solution to it. We will list the methods through which you can easily fix this issue if it is caused by your system’s end. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Why Players are facing GTA 5 Online Error Issue on their PC?
The users are reporting that they are getting GTA 5 Online error message while playing the game. There are a lot of reasons for this to happen in the game. However, it is difficult to tell the exact cause of the issue for this error. So, we are here with a list of reasons which have been reported by the users when they have tried to analyze it. Make sure to check them below as it will be helping very much you in fixing the issue.
- You are not connected to a stable internet connection on your PC.
- There are some server issues that are from the Rockstar game’s end.
- You are running outdated windows on your PC which is not recommended to run the game.
- Your network driver is outdated and the game is displaying this error message.
- There are some corrupted or missing files in the game.
- You have not updated the game.
- The Windows Defender Firewall might be blocking your game requests.
- Your antivirus is blocking the game’s file due to which it’s not working properly.
We are here with the solution to this issue which will definitely help you in resolving this issue. However, we will suggest that you should make sure to implement all the steps perfectly on your device so that you will be able to fix it.
1. Restart Your Device
This issue can happen on any of the platforms for which the game has been launched. We will suggest that you should restart your device so that you will be able to resolve this issue. This method is very much beneficial in solving this type of minor bugs which are happening to the game. Whenever anyone restarts their device, then all the system files are again loaded correctly, in case, if there were some issues in the previous boot then that will be fixed easily.
This method has helped a lot of users in fixing issues. Therefore, we will suggest that you should also do this and check whether the issue has been resolved for you or not. If it is not resolved, then check for other solutions below.
2. Reset The GTA 5 Modules
This is another method to try to resolve the issue. As the issue is caused because the game is not able to make a proper connection to the server of the Rockstar games. There are some modules available in the GTA 5 game that can make proper connections to the server without opening the game. It is one of the easy and instant ways to solve this problem.
The module that we are going to use is the “Change Language” executable file which is used for downloading the language pack so that the users can change it in the game. For downloading the language package, the module will connect the game to the Rockstar game’s server which will make a proper connection and will fix your issue. By this step, the network modules will start working correctly. Follow, the steps which are given below to do this.
- First of all, open the installed file location of the Rockstar games.
- Now, select the game folder and open it.
- Scroll down and look for the “GTAVLanguageSelect.exe” executable files.
- Select it and right-click on it.
- Click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, change the language, save changes and exit it.
- Again, start the GTA V and check whether the server issue has been resolved or not.
3. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
There are possibilities that the game might be facing this issue because of the corrupted or missing files. This can happen when the game is being installed and some modules of it might not have been properly installed in the game files. You can fix this easily by the Steam game store. The Steam game store comes with the feature to check and repair the game files. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- After it, select Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files.
- You will see the option of “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
4. Check Network Connection
The network connection is one of the main causes of the issue. If your computer or console is not connected to a stable internet connection that has proper downloading and uploading speed then you are likely to face this issue. We will suggest that you should check whether you are connected to a stable internet connection or not. You can easily do this by online tools that are available and shows the information about the network connection. So, do this and check whether you are connected to a stable internet connection or not. If you are connected to an unstable internet connection, then you will have to fix this issue.
5. Disable Antivirus Software
The issue might also cause if your antivirus apps are causing conflicts with the file of the game. Many users have reported that they tried running the game by disabling the antivirus and they were able to resolve this issue.
In this case, the antivirus which is installed on your PC might be blocking the files of the game to maintain the security of the PC. It might happen if they suspect some malicious activity or response. Therefore, we will suggest that you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
6. Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can also be a reason for the error message of the game. The work of the Windows Firewall is to block game files if they suspect any malicious activity with them. It is done in order to protect your system from malicious threats.
This issue can occur if your Windows Firewall has suspected some different response from the server of the Rockstar game and blocked it. However, you can easily fix this to run the game by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall on your PC. Follow the steps which are given below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started to run properly or not.
7. Change Network DNS Settings
There are possibilities that the DNS settings that you are using might not be correct and can be causing issues in the game from requesting responses. We will suggest that you should cross-check the DNS settings or change them to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, Press Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter that you are using.
- After it, select Properties.
- Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Copy your existing DNS server addresses properly for both the Preferred & Alternate DNS Server.
- Now, replace it with 184.108.40.206 for Preferred and 220.127.116.11 for Alternate DNS.
- Click on OK to confirm the selection and then click on OK again to save the changes.
- After it, restart your computer and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
8. Update The Network Driver
The game might not work properly and will be showing the error message, if your network driver is not updated. As the network driver is one of the most important things to running any game. We will suggest that you should manually check for the graphics update on your PC to avoid this type of game issue.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Device Manager” in the search bar.
- Click on the Network Adapters option and double-click to expand it.
- Now, select your network driver and right-click on it.
- You will see the option of Update Driver, click on it.
- After it, follow the on-screen instructions that are given to complete the update.
- Now, restart your system and again try running the game.
9. Check For Windows Updates
Windows updates are also important to avoid this type of issue in the game. Users have reported that this was occurring to them when they were running the game on their outdated windows. When they have updated to the latest one, then the issue has been resolved for them. It is because the Windows updates also contain updates for the network drivers which are necessary to install. In case, if you have not updated the windows and have some pending updates on your PC then you will likely face this issue with your game. Follow the steps which are given below to check for updates on your computer.
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If there is an update available, then click on the Download Now button to download the available updates on your system.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- After that, restart the PC, and check whether the black screen issue has been resolved or not.
10. Check For Optional Updates
The optional update is another important factor to run the game without any issues. This update includes important drivers update for the PC through which the apps and games run smoothly on your PC. You need to follow the steps which are given below to check for optional updates on your computer.
- First of all, press Windows + I Key to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Advanced Option.
- Now, scroll down and look for the Optional Updates option.
- Select it and check whether there are updates available or not. If there is an update available then download it and wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your PC and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
11. Check Server Outages
There are possibilities that there might be some server outage from the Rockstar games end and due to this, you are facing this issue. So, in this case, we will suggest that you should check whether all the Rockstart servers are up or not. You can check this by going to their website or through other third-party websites. As it has been reported by many users that the game was not running and when they checked about it, then they got to know that the Rockstar game servers were down at the time.
We will also suggest you check whether all the servers are up or not. If there is a problem from their end, then you need to wait as you will be not able to do anything at that time. So, wait for the official announcements and keep checking the server page. Once they have fixed the issue then you will be again able to play GTA 5 without any issues on your PC or consoles.
12. Reinstall The Game
Even after implementing all the methods that are listed above does not work for you, then we will suggest that you might need to reinstall the game to fix this problem on your PC or console. It is the last method by which you can try to resolve this issue on your game. Many users have reported that they were able to fix this issue after reinstalling the game on their PC or console. This is because when you uninstall the game then all the files and settings will be deleted from your PC.
After it, when you install the game again then all the files will get installed properly on your PC by which you will be able to fix the issue. So, we will suggest that you should do this if none of the above methods worked for you. After uninstalling the game, make sure to restart your laptop/console and delete all the game files from your PC.
The GTA 5 online error message is kind of an annoying issue to the users especially when they are completing the mission. It will ruin the whole gaming experience and the fun of the game. However, it can happen to anyone as we have already mentioned that there are a lot of reasons for the same.
But you can avoid this type of issue by regularly updating your windows, network driver, and other updates. So, this was all for this guide. We hope this guide has helped you in resolving the GTA 5 online error message that you were getting while playing the game. So, in case, if you have any queries related to it, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.